When is the last time that you did something kind for someone? Better yet, when have you been kind to someone that does not know you and can do nothing for you in return? So many days in our lives we miss opportunities to show Christ-like actions such as: helping someone, paying them a sweet compliment, or writing a small note of appreciation. Many times we don’t do these small things because we are so busy text messaging, checking Facebook and Twitter, or checking off items on our own to-do lists. As Christians we are supposed to be Christ’s hands, feet, and face in the world. Yet if it does not fit into our agendas, we simply ignore small opportunities to bring light into someone else’s day. To provide kindness in a dying world is such a beautiful thing and you will find more joy added into your own life. Allow your beauty to come forth and touch people just by being kind to others.
10 ways to show kindness this week
- Write a thank you note to a teacher or friend
- Open the door for a stranger
- Give someone a compliment
- Ask someone you don’t know if you can help them with something (with a parent’s permission)
- Send a letter to your parents or grandparents
- Buy your best friend her favorite hot drink
- Volunteer one hour of your time to a group in the community that needs volunteers
- Ask people how their day is going and actually LISTEN to them
- Tell someone that you HONOR them
- Go through your things and donate something of value to you to a local charity
The word says a virtuous woman…
“opens her mouth with wisdom and in her tongue is the law of kindness”.
October is National Anti-Bullying Month. Spread kindness and make your own lipgloss by getting your DIY Law of Kindness Lipgloss Kit! Check out this YouTube video of some of my ambassadors who started the Anti-bullying Campaign with me!
Check out the AHG Instagram Contest (winner chosen Monday, October 26, 2015) for a chance to win some Law of Kindness Lipgloss!